Brazoria County Municipal Utility District No. 22 announces a comprehensive water line flushing initiative from March 3rd to March 11th, 2024, to maintain infrastructure integrity and water quality.
Residents may experience temporary changes in water pressure or discoloration.
The National Weather Service has advised that subfreezing temperatures are likely beginning Sunday night and into Monday morning following the passage of a strong cold front. Freeze Warnings and possible Hard Freeze Warnings can be expected.
If you experience any issues with pipe bursts or very low water pressure, please contact the District’s operator, Municipal District Services, LLC (MDS), at (281) 290-6503.
Steps for Winterizing your Home
- Insulate pipes with insulation sleeves, wrapping or using slip-on foam pipe insulation. Do not leave any gaps without insulation as cold air can affect the pipe in these spaces.
- Winterize your sprinkler system by turning the water off to your system and draining your backflow preventer.
- Maintain a safe heating source inside your home to protect pipes against cold.
- Open cabinets underneath faucets.
- Disconnect hoses and insulate outdoor faucets with covers or blankets.
- House shut off valve: know where your shut off valve is located in case of an emergency. The valve is usually located on the side of the house near the garage. With some homes, the valve is inside the garage wall.
- If traveling for the holiday weekend, it is recommended that you turn the water off at the house shut off valve and drain all your plumbing.